Traffic Sign or Street Name Plate

Traffic signs are designed to control the flow of traffic on the roads and help keep motorists safe when moving around our county. If you’ve noticed a damaged or missing regulatory sign, advisory sign or street name plate, please report it to us by calling (830) 643-3763 or contact us by email.

Problems can include:

  • The sign has been knocked over/leaning
  • The face of the sign is missing
  • The sign is unreadable or vandalized

To investigate the issue, we will need to know:

  • An accurate location (including address, intersections, or landmarks)
  • The type of signage needing maintenance or replacement

If you are able to provide a photo, this will also be helpful.

Please ensure you do not put yourself or anyone else in danger when obtaining details about the damaged sign.

We ask that you provide us with your contact details in case we need to ask you for more information. You can also receive status updates of your report by providing this information.

Emergency reporting after hours

If you consider any fault you are reporting to be causing a serious hazard to traffic or pedestrians and in need of urgent attention, please telephone (830) 643-3768 or contact us by email.

Request for Additional Signage or Changes to an Existing Sign

Requests for regulatory sign changes (STOP, YIELD or SPEED LIMIT) must be approved by the Comal County Commissioner's Court. Requests must be submitted in writing to the County Engineer’s Office at: 195 David Jonas Dr, New Braunfels, TX 78132.